DFA: Delay Korea Trips

The Department of Foreign Affairs is discouraging “nonessential travel” to South Korea, which is battling an outbreak of the new coronavirus that is spreading from China.

South Korea reported 161 new cases on Monday, bringing the total to 763 cases. It recorded two more deaths, raising the toll to seven.

Assistant Health Secretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases would discuss the situation in South Korea and decide whether to impose a ban on travel to that country as well as Singapore.

The Philippine Embassy in Seoul said it had not received any information that there were Filipinos among the confirmed cases in Daegu, the city where most of the country’s infections have occurred. The DFA said there were 60,139 Filipinos in South Korea as of July last year.

Source: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1232987/dfa-asks-travelers-to-delay-korea-trips

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.