LGUs Want Quarantine for Arrivals from NCR

Some local governments have required a 14-day self-quarantine for people from Metro Manila, fearing a mass exodus to their provinces of residents escaping the 30-day community quarantine that started Sunday in the National Capital Region to contain cases of COVID-19.

Tarlac province Governor Susan Yap on Saturday asked residents now in Metro Manila to submit to a 14-day self-quarantine when they return to their hometowns.

In Olongapo, its COVID-19 task force said that new arrivals in the city, including those who traveled from Metro Manila, are automatically classified as persons under monitoring and must submit to a 14-day quarantine.

In Baguio City, officials have been monitoring daily arrivals due to a perceived exodus from Metro Manila although the volume of visitors at the start of the weekend has been low, said Mayor Benjamin Magalong. Last week, he canceled crowd-drawing activities like the Baguio Flower Festival.

Source: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1242087/lgus-want-quarantine-for-arrivals-from-ncr

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.